Layered cake with kaymak mass
I’m definitely not a kitchen expert in a baking field but this cake is for sure in top 5 of the easiest cakes to cook in the world! And also – it’s really delicious.
I first saw this cake I couldn’t believe that it is made without baking at all! Preparing it is like a jigsaw puzzle – real fun :)
The layers from the bottom are as follows:
- Layer of biscuits soaked with milk (amaretto can be added)
- Tea biscuits layer
- Kaymak (carmel) mass in a 1 can– for easier application on biscuits, it’s good to heat the can in boiling water for 15 minutes – the mass will be more liquid
- Unsalted crackers layer
- Whipped cream
- Almond flakes or grated dark chocolate
- 2,5 glass of milk
- 0,5 glass of sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 0,5 pack of margarine
- ¾ glass of flour
Boil 1,5 glass of milk. To the remaining 1 glass of milk add sugar, flour and yolks and mix. Add this to the boiling milk and mix until it’s thick. When a little bit colder, add margarine and triturate. Your warm pudding is ready to be put on the biscuits layer.
Whipped cream ingredients:
- 17 fl. oz / 0,5L of 30% fat cream
- 2 packs of cream fix
- 1-2 spoons of castor sugar
Using a mixer mix all ingredients until the cream is stiff.
Arrange all layers as described above and decorate whipped cream using almond flakes or grated dark chocolate. Put into a fridge for at least 1 hour.
Bon appetit! :)